PUBLIC RELATIONS LTD.
PUBLIC RELATIONS LTD.
The small company with a great reputation
for personal service; ideas and action
Radio – we work with presenters and producers; the spokesman we recommend to the broadcaster must be able to paint pictures for the listener, create interest and stimulate future discussions: as an example one of our clients who has a powerful voice was able to lighten the discussion while explaining an important issue. Another time our conversation with Sadie Nine of BBC Essex about National Cream Tea, lead to several passionate phone calls from listeners about the benefits of jam and cream on scones verses cream and then jam on scones – just what the editor wanted.
Television coverage – clients and TV producers can save time and money by working with an experienced PR adviser.
- Liaising with television production companies.
- Reviewing the viability of their filming suggestion for a specific client.
- Making recommendations to the client – the benefits and the possible pitfalls of filming.
- Creating awareness of pre-production, filming and post-production issues where we can assist by being that experienced link with the film director or researcher.
- Advising that preparation prior to filming saves time and frustration on the day.
- Ensuring the props, people and spokesman are available, willing and able.
- Organising refreshments for the crew.
- Having empathy with the client’s spokesman, who may have hidden nerves, and the film director who has to ensure they have every piece of film in the “can” to make a great piece that will interest viewers.
- Be aware that TV footage goes beyond the British coast – it can appear on Youtube, ITV and BBC web pages so may be seen across the world. – we worked with Phil Vickery talking about raspberries for a jam that was used when he made a special Raspberry Steamed Sponge.
- Post-production is equally important as careful editing and fact checking creates a repeatable programme – BBC Countryfile on Autumn fruits – we worked with Adam Henson on mulberry picking in 2017, the programme was repeated in 2019.
- Support any television coverage with mentions on the press and social media.
Social media – we support clients’ social media activity in an endeavor to link it with other PR activity.